Friday, February 16, 2007

Winter Funk


Every year I become very grumpy from about the middle of January to the middle of February. The problem is, particularly for Wife, is that I don't remember this happens every year until about the middle of February.

Two nights ago the realization of my annual grumpiness occurred to me as if it was new information. I have internally blamed it on a number of thing:


  • Started getting meds by mail and one of my meds is a generic instead of name brand I had been taking. (did not know there was genetic available until it arrived in the mail)

  • The many piles of paper at work that need to be addressed but I keep getting new work assignments which means routine work gets put off and piled up.

  • Started working out at gym three times a week.

  • Stress at church, over resistance to welcoming new members. Actually reaching out instead of expecting them to walk in the door at a church five mile from nearest highway and 1/4 mile from nearest house.

But in the end it is just the February funk. Realizing that it is what it is makes it some strange way go away.

2 comments:

laughing pastor said...

I'm ready for summer heat......and you all are much colder than we are! mrs. laughing pastor

Fat Doctor said...

Funk, funk, go away. Leave my Husband alone today.