Friday, November 17, 2006

The Rest of the Story


Thank goodness there is a spell checker on this here thang.

I want to begin by getting one thing out of my craw before I move on to other topics. I would like to take credit for the phrase "famine resistant"I can produce an 1995 church newsletter to column to prove it. That is all I have to say about that.
I have hesitated to have a blog because of my poor writing skill and because paradoxically I spend most of my days at the computer writing reports, revising manuals and emailing more people in to many different countries. But, last night as WIFE looked across the room and asked in a hurt, pout infused voice with a twinkly in her eye, why I would not let her set up a blog for me, she had done for all her friends. So, I gave in.

Part of me has wanted to do this for a while because, as anyone who knows me can tell you, that for an introvert I like to pontificate on just about any topic. Recent topics of my ire has be the unreality of "reality TV," the idolatry of the self in the U.S. (can blogging be adding to this?) and trying to comprehending the purpose of ear hair.

Finally, I would would like to thank all of you who have supported WIFE through her health issues this pass year and to ask you to remind her to check her blood pressure, on a regular basis, to reinforce my request.

8 comments:

Fat Doctor said...

138/78 this morning per Nurse's manual measurement. Leave me alone!

mean aunt said...

Pontificate away! And welcome to the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogosphere!

Martha said...

Regarding the ear hair issue: I'm a poodle owner (it was an accident, really), and their hair grows everywhere, like the pads of their feet and inside their ears. It doesn't know to stop when it gets to the right length. Many poodle groomers actually pull out some of the ear hair. Ouch!

Overheard at the dog park:
"I asked my vet why God gave poodles so much ear hair. He reminded me that people bred them, so it wasn't his fault."

Dream Mom said...

Welcome!

MM said...

Haha! I also welcome you to the world of blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome! Your wife, fat doctor, does have a marvelous blog. I think I visit her's daily. She seems to have the same twisted humor as me. I will stop by yours now as well. Don't spend all of your 50 cent words in one post. ;) Keep'em coming.

SeaSpray said...

I am hooked on The amazing race (it is amazing!),Survivor and the apprentice. I don't like the back stabbing or the put downs (that is so opposite from who I am) but I like the competition. I like to see the the ingenuity of the aspiring apprentices and would personally love to get in there and collect the most money. I was the little 2nd grader that collected the most Unicef and I love to have causes to collect money for. Amazing race would be so cool to do and survivor - I love the tropical settings and the competition - just don't like seeing people get put down. Reality factor? seems that as long as someone knows there is a camera in front of them it can't be totally real.