Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow Play


At work today a co-worker asked if it snows tonight was I going to take Son out to play and make snow angels (his is an angel you know). My immediate response was "Yea, Sure can't wait" but at the same time inside I was thinking "This is a great idea and a very wet and cold one."
****
Because I am an older parent I am afraid that I will not give my Son all those energetic father/son activities. I have never been a person who could not wait to be cold and wet, as a child or a young adult. I have enjoyed sledding even as a child and skiing as an adult. The problem is that my "Been there - Done that" threshold is quit low. Two hours of skiing a day is about the right amount of time and I am worried 10 minutes in the snow with Son will be plenty.
******
I want Son to be active and enjoy all that the outdoors has to offer. He thrown his biggest fits when we try to bring him inside after he has been playing in the yard. It does not matter if it has been 10 minutes or 10 hours. This is a very, very good thing.
********
The problem is my selfish human core wants to be inside.
**********
Well it's starting to snow. I need to go and get a snow saucer and snow pants for Son. Once I get out there with Son and see the joy on his face I will enjoy myself --I really will.
************
No, I really will.
**************
I promise!

5 comments:

Susan Palwick said...

I'm with you! I don't like being cold or wet, either (also, I fall down a lot even when my feet aren't strapped to long boards, which makes skiing more than usually challenging).

It might help to get a pair of snowpants of your own -- or even just nylon workout clothing beneath which you can layer lots of warm wool.

Thanks for linking to my blog, by the way . . . but please note that my last name only contains one "l"! :-)

Fat Doctor said...

Oh, honey, this is such a sweet post.

*Sniffle. Wipe tears.*

Go get your snow pants on, old man. You know I ain't goin' out in that stuff!

PT Pastor said...

Sorry about the miss spelling. My last name has a double letter and more ofen as not I only get one :)

Anonymous said...

I love to be cold and wet. It's so much better than being HOT and SWEATY. I have found that it is far better to put on more clothes to be warm than it is to take them off. If I were a stripper I would be paid to put it back on.....;)

I don't like shorts,tank tops, or skirts for that matter. I love to layer on the clothes. I certainly would not miss the opportunity for snow angels and the like. I crave a good snowball fight.

laughing pastor said...

get your butt out there and get wet and cold!!!!