Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Lost Aha


Yesterday I had one of those "aha" moments. You know that moment when two pieces of information from dispersant areas come together and an insight clicks into place.

Well, I had one of those yesterday. The problem is I can't remember what it was. You see, the moment this "aha" clicked into place my train (some would say my slow boat) of thought was interrupted. This is not an uncommon occurrence. There are many time when for instance I finish an email and want to attach a document, I get interrupted and when I get back to the email I forget to attach the document or I forget why I am going upstair after Son has drawn my attention.

This time what I have forgotten something that was relative important, or at least to my understanding of the world and how I will respond to what life brings diffrently. At least I think it was a big "aha."

My hope is that my brain has filed it way in the appropriate place and when the occasion arises for me to make use of the "aha" it will be appropriately accessed.

Of course since I can't remember what it was it could be a trivial as a new flavor of ice cream.

I guess to some people that might be a weighty issue, at least on the scales.

1 comment:

Fat Doctor said...

Did you catch my stroke? This is the story of my life, you know. Memory loss can be problematic. My aha moments tend to be months too late.