Sunday, December 03, 2006

First Blogger Crisis



Well, I have weathered my first Blogger Crisis. Yesterday I went to change a misspelling on a post. The spelling and grammar error was pointed out to me by "language expert" Wife. Okay I didn't need a "k" on now.

Well I clicked on the edit post button on the offending post I got to my horror HTML text and no picture. What to do. I know (notice correct use of "k") what HTML looks like. I appreciate all the good things it brings to my life. I do not want to have to work with all those symbols. I learned FORTRAN, well at least flunked a course with dignity. I do not want to work with programming symbols. I still have dreams of punch cards. What I want to do is type my poorly spelled and grammatically incorrect English into documents, and I want to do it now (notice correct use of word without "k".)

Well, I tried to find a email to report my tragedy but I found none. When Wife came home she gave me sage advise "blogger messes up a lot try again tomorrow and it will all be better", she's a doctor you know (notice correct use of "k".) She was wrong. It was still there today and still staring at me. I search the different discussion groups and the answer came up "CRTL F5." It worked, a miracle!

Now (for the last time, notice correct use of word without "k") I am happily completing my first post crisis blog.

We are starting our holiday social activities tonight. Tonight's is with family and I am looking forward to the time together.

For the rest of the events this season, I would rather take a FORTRAN class.

5 comments:

Bo... said...

Did you accidentally push the "Edit HTML" button on the editing navigation bar? Simply push the other one to change it back--can't remember what it's called right now (maybe "Compose" mode). You can switch back and forth between these two. Also, sometimes if your browser "cache" is full, the editing buttons won't appear at all. In that case, simply go to your browser's Tools, then Internet Options, then "Clear History" of all temporary internet files.

SeaSpray said...

I find this all intimidating but fun. I just managed to get a pic of SeaSpray up all by myself and am thrilled. I realize this is basic but allowed myself to become technically challenged because I knew my family could do it for me. NOW, I WANT TO KNOW! My wonderful daughter-in-law started helping me revamp my blog last nite. So much to learn! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Fat Doctor said...

OK, you KNOW I'm grumpy NOW. Correcting your grammar and typos is not just my hobby, it's my calling.

kellycoxsemple said...

You're doing great, PT Pastor! I've been a fan of your wife's blog for some time, and also find yours entertaining. Don't worry about the HTML stuff; you'll get better at it.

You have figured out one thing, though, that I haven't been able to do in two years -- grouping the archive by year, then by month, then by entry. Please share your insight (and magic trick, if necessary), as I would love to give it a try.

Thanks!

Artemis said...

Misspellings gnaw at the obsessive amongst us, like a knife in our hearts. We gnash our teeth in frustration and the angst of incorrect placement of silent letters wreaths our heads; those who pain us with such injustices are like knaves in the night and are subject to our wrath! But with practice, anyone can develop a knack for correct letter placement -- even those who kneel as part-time pastors.

Please don't wriggle away, but instead embrace the power of the knowledge of the silent letter! Keep wrestling with the problems that blogger hands out arbitrarily; we all enjoy your view!

A