Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Break?



Holiday, I have looked that word up in three places to make sure it is spelled correctly. It is spelled correctly, it just does not look right. This phenomenon of a correctly spelled words not looking right might be one of the sources of my many frustrations with spelling and writing. When a correctly spelled word does not appear to be spelled correctly in my mind and the converse, a incorrectly spelled word looks correctly spelled. It was literally until college that I correctly spelled the word "any." It still does not look right. If you have read some of my older blogs you will know my problem with "know" and "now."

Maybe the word "holiday" does not look right this time because the present holiday break does not feeling like one. Except for sleeping until 9 am today the "time off" has packed with fun and excitement. The ten day off are pretty full. The run up to the holiday and the holiday itself was very pleasant. This is the first year in a long time I have had looked forward to the season (sans the mixing of reason, for the season.)

The last two day have been focused on the sick kid. He has had a fever and felt all around awful. Today his fever was down and he went to preschool, which was good because the carpet cleaners were coming today and herding two dogs was going to be plenty to keep me busy. At 1:30 the school called and said that his fever was up again and he needed to come home. I wish there was more I could do for him beside giving him medicine to lower the fever and put him to bed.

Wife calls about 4 pm to tell me that she has tested positive for strep and that she was having someone call in scrip for her and Son. Well now I understand why I have had a sore throat and have been cold and clammy for the last two days. We are now all on antibiotics.

If Son is well enough to go to school tomorrow I am going up to church to help an Elder do some wiring for some new speakers. As if, the church needs a speaker system. The sanctuary is little bigger that a large living room, if fact it is smaller that the great room of Elder I am meeting tomorrow. But, some of the older folk refuse to move up front to hear better and some of the younger families want to have speaker in the basement for when the babies cry.

The rest of the time off is pretty free, so far, but you can never tell. We do have a dinner Friday for some old friends of Wife and I am looking forward to meeting them.

Part of me can't wait to get back to work to get some rest.

3 comments:

Bo... said...

Sorry you guys are all sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I, too, got sick and had to go to my own country doctor. He diagnosed me with strep, gave me two shots in the behind, and sent me home with more medicine and stern instructions to put Vicks Salve on my feet when I went to bed. I feel better--but I'm not sure if it was the medicine or else the Vicks Salve on my feet....

tigbeane said...

Sorry you have all been sick, always seems to me that we get sick on the days we have off. Bummer.

Question, Laughing Pastor has not blogged since the 6th. Are things well with him and maybe he is just busy? Funny, I've never met any of you (at least to my knowledge) but I do keep up with your lives. Actually, I keep up with you better than some in my own family, but then, if you met those people......

PT Pastor said...

I will get on to Laughing Pastor. The Advent Christmas season is very busy for Pastors. Also their home computer has been down.